FINER NEEDLES CAUSE LESS PAIN ...
Almost 50% of people with diabetes say they would be more likely to follow their prescribed insulin regimen if injecting was less painful2.
At just 0.23mm diameter, Insupen 32G pen needles improve the comfort of injecting. Thinner needles require less pressure to penetrate the skin causing less trauma and discomfort. Thin-wall technology means that the internal diameter of the needle is as large as possible to optimise the administration of insulin3.
COST SAVINGS ...
Choosing Insupen isn’t just the right decision for your patients.
Insupen pen needles from Spirit Healthcare are available to your CCG for just £5.95 per pack – for all sizes (except 33G).
Which means, with a 100% change, on average you could save up to £51,000 per annum10.
WIDEST PEN NEEDLE RANGE ...
Available in five lengths and three different gauges, Insupen has a needle that suits the needs of almost all pen needle users. A more comprehensive range than any of the leading brands8. Insupen is compatible with ISO11608-2:2012 and has been specifically tested with Sanofi, Lilly, Novo Nordisk and Amylin Pharmaceutical devices to ensure compliance9.
PRECISION ENGINEERED ...
Manufactured by Artsana in Italy – the third largest pen needle producer in the world – Insupen needles are of the highest quality.5
Insupen pen needles meet all the relevant international standards of compliance. They are also subject to many rigorous additional quality tests to make sure they consistently exceed all the required standards.
UNIQUE SUPPORT ...
At Spirit we always commit our full support
1. Pain following controlled cutaneous insertion of needles with different diameters. Lars Arendt-Nielsen, Henrik Egevist & Peter Bjerring.
Somatosensory and Motor Research, March/June 2006; 23(1/2) : 37-43 (from page 3-4)
2. AADE Injection Impact Survey, 2007
3. Comparison of usability and patient preference for insulin pen needles produced with different production techniques: “Thin-Wall”
needles compared to “Regular-Wall” needles: an Open-Label Study, Thorsten Siegmund, M.D., Hannes Blankenfeld, M.D., and Petra-
Maria Schumm-Draeger, M.D., Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics. August 2009, 11 (8); 523-528.doi; 10.1089/dia.2009. 0048. Published
in Volume; 11 Issue 8: August 21, 2009
4. Data on file Spirit Healthcare. Survey on the acceptability of Insupen 32G Pic pen needle by diabetic patients. 28.06.2010.
5. Data on file Spirit Healthcare. Artsana information. June 2014
6. https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso:11608:-2:ed-2:v1:en. Accessed 13th June 2014
7. Data on file Spirit Healthcare. Artsana information. June 2014
8. Comparison between Insupen and brands with over one million prescription items per annum. Ref. http://www.ppa.org.uk/edt/
9. https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso:11608:-2:ed-2:v1:en. Accessed 13th June 2014
Sanofi Aventis, Eli Lilly, Novo Nordisk, Owen Mumford, B.Braun, Berlin Chemie, Bioton, Amylin, Genentech, Pfizer, Roche, Serono.
10. Data on file Spirit Healthcare, Ocotber 2015