A REFRESHING APPROACH TO PRIMARY CARE
Working across the country, we see first-hand the challenges healthcare professionals and commissioners are facing in primary care.
We know the way patients want to access primary care is changing – online, over the telephone and at more convenient times.
We believe that primary care can, and needs, to be delivered in a different and innovative way.
We have a reputation and track record for delivering genuinely different healthcare services. We build on best practice and use evidence-based approaches to design services that focus on empowering patients and making best use of technology.
With our positive attitude to developing and delivering healthcare services, we have worked with NHS partners to develop an approach that acknowledges the current model of primary care is becoming unsustainable.
Our approach is focused on:
- Getting the basics right to provide first class access, offering the right number of GP and Nurse appointments to meet the needs of patients in a convenient manner.
- Putting patients first, achieving above the national average on all GP Survey indicators – continually focusing on improving the experience patients receive, acting on feedback and involving patients in decisions about the design of their service.
- All patients requesting a GP appointment speaking to a GP, with same-day face to face appointments for all patients that require an appointment with the right member of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Patients empowered to self-manage their conditions and access primary care services in a way that is convenient for them, – providing online access to request and book appointments and seek advice.
- Integrating primary, community and urgent care services to “wrap” services around the patient, ensuring patients do not need to access unplanned care unnecessarily.
- Making best use innovative technology to provide immediate access to care, using telehealth to support and monitor patients diagnosed with long term conditions.
- Offering best value to commissioners, providing highly standardised primary care services innovatively and efficiently and reducing secondary care expenditure.